Frank George Amos
Memorial: Hambrook - Whiteshill Common
Regiment: Worcestershire Regiment
Rank and number: Private 204205
Parents: Albert and Emily Amos
Home address: Hambrook Beer House, Hambrook, Bristol
Date of birth: 1891
Place of birth: St. George, Bristol
Date of death: 17/12/1918
Buried/Commemorated at: Frenchay (St. John the Baptist) Churchyard (Ref: SE. 12. 1586.), Frenchay, Bristol
Frank George Amos was born in 1891 in St. George in Bristol. His parents were Albert and Emily Amos who lived in Hambrook near Bristol. He was brother to Frederick and Mabel. Frederick was also killed in the war. Their father was a publican and he had been born in Fishponds in Bristol. The family were living at Hambrook Beer House in 1901. Frank is mentioned in the Hambrook School Admission Register as having left to go to Secondary School on 8th July 1903.
Frank joined the 7th Reserve Battalion of Worcestershire Regiment as a private. He transferred to the 526th Area Employment Company of the Labour Corps. He died in December 1918 at the age of 29.
Frank is buried in St. John the Baptist churchyard in Frenchay, he is remembered on the Whiteshill Common Memorial in Hambrook and on the All Saints Churchyard Memorial in Winterbourne Down.
By kind permission, this information is based on the following source(s):
Yate and District Heritage Centre
Forces War Records and CWGC