Oldbury-on-Severn - Memorial Hall
The original hall was built between 1924 and 1926 and was largely funded by donations from returning servicemen out of their demobilisation payment. Its purpose was for social gatherings and games etc. Ex-servicemen had free entry. There is an engraved tablet reading ‘Lest we Forget’ on the outside gable end. The gates repeat these words, and indicate the dates of both the First and Second World wars.. The original structure has been increased in size in three phases and the unit now operates as a self-supporting village hall.
Bristol BS35 1PR