Falfield - St George's Church
This war memorial was erected in 1921 to commemorate local men who had lost their lives in WWI. Its original site was in a triangle at the junction of Sundays Hill Lane and the A38. In the early 1960s it was moved to its present position, outside the wall of St George’s Church on the A38.
The information used on these pages has been kindly provided by Falfield Parish Council.
|Anstey Cuthbert||1926||01/04/1945||Kings Shropshire Light Infantry|
|Butcher Grenville Kitchener||13/03/1915||08/09/1944||Corps of Military Police|
|Cole Charles William||28/10/1879||26/09/1915||Worcestershire Regiment|
|Dove John Canning||23/11/1897||26/10/1918||New Zealand Rifle Brigade|
|Fisher James||1899||27/05/1918||Machine Gun Corps|
|Holpin Herbert George||12/02/1894||17/07/1917||Gloucestershire Regiment|
|Jenkinson John Banks||09/06/1881||14/09/1914||Rifle Brigade|
|Kew Hubert Stanley||1916||30/10/1942||Royal Tank Regiment|
|Lewis Sidney Joseph||1889||13/05/1918||Royal Berkshire Regiment|
|Matthews Alfred||26/10/1883||01/03/1917||Canadian Infantry|
Falfield GL12 8DW (by the corner of the A38/Sunday's Hill)