Below are some indicators that may help to spot the signs of financial abuse.
- Unpaid bills, eviction notices or notices to discontinue utilities
- Unusual withdrawals from bank accounts, transfers or ATM withdrawals that the person can’t explain
- Bank statements no longer come to the person’s home
- New ‘best friends’
- A caregiver is overly interested in the amount of money being spent on the person
- Belongings or property are missing
- Suspicious signatures on cheques or other documents
- The person is unaware of or does not understand financial or legal arrangements that have been made for them, such as Power of Attorney
If you are worried about you or a friend or relative, please tell someone. You will be listened to and your concerns will be taken seriously.
Everyone has the right to be free from harm including financial abuse.
If you have ANY concerns about an adult at risk you must report it by calling 01454 868007
In an emergency, please call 999