Training and events
Staff from all agencies can book on courses by using South Gloucestershire Council’s self-serve Learning & Development website:South Gloucestershire Learning and Development Services
- Raising Safeguarding Concerns
- Safeguarding Adults Awareness for Community Groups
- Effective Multi Agency Working in Adult Safeguarding
- Recognising and Responding to Organisational Abuse and Neglect
- Hoarding and Self-Neglect
- Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery – Awareness
- Domestic Abuse Training for those working with adults and children
- Undertaking Safeguarding (Adults) Enquiries
- Exploitation of Adults
- Challenging Conversations and Conflict Training
More details can be found on the Learning and Development website.
The South Gloucestershire SAB has established a Network of Trained Safeguarding Adults Trainers, approved to deliver Raising Safeguarding Concerns training in the workplace. We are now inviting more agencies operating in or for us within the South Glos area to join the existing Network of organisations. The intention is to keep growing the Network in the future.
If your organisation already has an in-house Safeguarding Adults trainer, or if you can identify someone to take on that role, we are inviting you to be a member of the Network.
The trained trainers who make up the Network are able to:
* Deliver SAB-approved Raising Safeguarding Concerns training to staff in their own agency, and to open up their training to other organisations as well.
* Take part in Safeguarding Adults Trained Trainer Network meetings to share good practice, develop new ideas and be part of a group that maintains high standards of training delivery.
Due to limited spaces and the aim to cover as many organisations as possible, the spaces are limited to a maximum of 2 staff per organisation.
The workshop will be led by Charlotte Fry, Caring Footsteps, who the SAB currently commissioned to run Raising Safeguarding Concerns multi-agency training locally & runs and co-ordinates the Trained Trainer Network.
The workshop is aimed at those who are new to delivering formal training sessions to groups or any trainer looking for fresh ideas and a structured approach to their training. It will be a practical workshop to equip new trainers to deliver the Raising Safeguarding Concerns training within their own organisations.
Speak to Joanne Worthington firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Expression of Interest Form TTN Invite letter and EoI V5
You can self register for e-learning. If your organisation isn’t listed please contact HRWorkforcedevelopment@southglos.gov.uk
FREE Cuckooing E-Learning
Agencies and work-setting can buy in safeguarding children or safeguarding adults training specifically for their own staff group, using a trainer that is approved by the relevant Safeguarding Board. Enquiries about this option can be sent to: email@example.com
There are charges for accessing all of the above courses and e-learning modules. Details are available via the council’s Learning & Development website.
Safeguarding Adults Training Standards
The SGSAB Safeguarding Adults Training Standards guidance aims to support organisations plan and deliver safeguarding adults training for their workforce of staff and volunteers so that it is appropriate for their roles.