Stop Adult Abuse Week 2021
Stop Adult Abuse Week take place between 15th-19th November 2021 and is a local initiative to focus attention on safeguarding. This year we are linking with the National Safeguarding Adults Week organised by the Ann Craft Trust
Pass on the message, ‘if in any doubt, speak out’.
If you are worried that an adult who is unable to protect themselves is being abused or neglected, call us on 01454 868007 to talk it through (In an emergency please ring 999). Something may just not feel quite right, or could seem a bit out of the ordinary. You don’t need to know the full picture, but you can help us to build it.
Here are some of the signs that may make you think that things just don’t add up:
- If you see someone who receives care and support, outside dressed in the wrong clothes for the weather/season
- If it’s unusual that someone hasn’t got enough money for everyday things
- If someone’s personal possessions seem to be going missing
- If there’s an air of silence when a particular person is present
- If someone receiving care and support seems to have a lot of untaken medication
For further information on the different types of abuse and signs to be aware of please see: http://sites.southglos.gov.uk/safeguarding/adults/i-am-a-carerrelative/types-of-abuse/
Resources for Professionals