Training and events
Staff from all agencies can book on courses by using South Gloucestershire Council’s self-serve Learning & Development website:South Gloucestershire Learning and Development Services
During the Covid-19 period no face to face training is happening. In this interim period have a look at this Safeguarding Adults Basics Media clip – watch here
- Raising Safeguarding Concerns
- Effective Multi Agency Working in Adult Safeguarding
- Recognising and Responding to Organisational Abuse and Neglect
- Hoarding and Self-Neglect
- Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery – Awareness
- Domestic Abuse and Coercive Control
- Undertaking Safeguarding (Adults) Enquiries
- Exploitation of Adults – *Coming in early 2021*
More details can be found on the Learning and Development website.
Agencies and work-setting can buy in safeguarding children or safeguarding adults training specifically for their own staff group, using a trainer that is approved by the relevant Safeguarding Board. Enquiries about this option can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are charges for accessing all of the above courses and e-learning modules. Details are available via the council’s Learning & Development website.
Safeguarding Adults Training Standards
The SGSAB Safeguarding Adults Training Standards guidance aims to support organisations plan and deliver safeguarding adults training for their workforce of staff and volunteers so that it is appropriate for their roles.