For Bristol services, please go to www.bristolccg.nhs.uk/your-health-local-services/help-and-support/young-peoples-emotional-health/
Urgent cases and safeguarding
- Where there is immediate risk of harm call 999 or access accident and emergency or general practice emergency appointment
- Access and Response Team (ART) to report any safeguarding concerns – 01454 866000
Signposting and initial support
- General practice
- School pastoral support
- School health nurse: appointments or drop-in clinics providing information on mental health and emotional wellbeing, and referral for further support. www.cchp.nhs.uk/cchp/explore-cchp/school-health-nursing
- Children’s centres: www.southglos.gov.uk/childrenscentres
- Health visitors: www.cchp.nhs.uk/cchp/explore-cchp/health-visiting
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS): for under 18 year-olds experiencing severe, complex and enduring mental health difficulties. Consultation with Primary Mental Health Specialists – 01454 862431, www/cchp.nhs.uk/cchp/explore-cchp/child-family-consultation-services-camhs-0
- Off the Record: free and confidential one-to-one and group mental health support for 11-25 year olds, in schools and community settings. Young people can sign up online or find out more via the HUB on Wednesdays at 4-6pm (see website for current location). otrbristol.org.uk, call 0808 808 9120 between 2 and 5pm, text 07896880011.
- South Gloucestershire Talking Therapies: free mental health support for people aged 16 and over – www.iapt-sglos.awp.nhs.uk, 0117 378 4270
- Young people’s drug and alcohol service: free support and advice – call 01454 866000, email email@example.com
- Network Counselling: for ages 11 and up – all 0117 5907271 or visit www.network.org.uk (contribution required).
- The Bridge Foundation: individual and family counselling – call 0117 9424510 or visit www.bridgefoundation.org.uk (charges apply).
- Bourne Family Project – 1 to 1 play therapy for 3 – 14 year olds. 0117 9478441, bournefamilyproject.org(contribution required).
- Help Counselling – for 9 to 25 year olds, based in Yate and Bristol. www.help-counselling.org.uk/ 0117 950 2511 (contribution required).
- Relate Avon: relationship counselling services available for young people aged 10-18 – call 0117 9428444 or visit www.relate-avon.org.uk (charges apply).
Looked after children
- Thinking aloud: a specialist CAMHS Service for looked after and adopted children in South Gloucestershire. Referrals from a range of professionals including social workers, GPs, community paediatricians, LAC nurses, school nurses and health visitors. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Other resources, information and support
- Early Help and SAFeh: additional support accessed via standard assessment to get a complete picture of a child’s additional, following internal assessment and action plan. Also multi-agency cluster meetings – SAFehsupport@southglos.gov.uk
- South Gloucestershire Children and Young People’s Mental Health Strategy edocs.southglos.gov.uk/cypmhs/
- Youth Wellbeing Directory: list of local and national organisations www.youthwellbeing.co.uk/
- The Wellbeing College: free mental health improvement courses for people aged 18+ sgwellbeingcollege.org/
- South Gloucestershire Anxiety Toolkit – www.southglos.gov.uk/anxiety
- Reading Well; Shelf help: a list of recommended books to help young people deal with a range of issues, available in all libraries
- Childline: free helpline for children and young people to talk about any problem 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – 0800 1111 www.childline.org.uk
- Samaritans – call 116 123 or email email@example.com
- The Mix: telephone and email support for under 25s – freephone 0808 808 4994 (1pm-11pm), text 80849, www.themix.org.uk
- Young Minds: the UK’s leading children and young people’s mental health charity. Information, parents helpline, e-newsletter – www.youngminds.org.uk
- Get self-help: free online cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) resources – www.getselfhelp.co.uk
- Mindfulness app – www.headspace.com; Anxiety app – www.sam-app.org.uk