Single Assessment Framework Early Help
South Gloucestershire’s Early Help Strategies aim to support children, young people and their families at the first signs of need to help improve outcomes and ensure they are safe, happy, healthy and well educated.
In South Gloucestershire we have an agreed Common Business and Delivery Process (CBDP) to use to assess the needs of children, young people and their families, and intervene early to improve outcomes. We want to ensure children, young people and their families are provided with integrated, accessible and equitable services which are designed to keep them safe, healthy and inspired to do the very best they can.
After agencies have used their own internal assessments and interventions, the next stage is to use the Single Assessment Framework early help (SAFeh) in order to involve partner organisations or support services in the wider assessment of need, and planned interventions in an integrated action plan and review.
Used in connection with the Child’s Journey of Need Threshold Tool, the needs of a child, young person or family can be clearly identified and the process of providing or accessing support services can begin.
More detailed information can be found in the SAFeh – Guidance for Professionals document.
- CDBP Pathway guidance
- Guidance on SAFeh questions
- Closing a SAFeh
- Core Skills Checklist
- Domestic Abuse and Separated Parents
- Early Help cross border protocol
- Frequently asked questions
- Health and GP guidance
- Role of Lead Professional
- SAFeh Review
- SAFeh – Guidance for Parents and Carers
- SAFeh – Guidance for Professionals
- TAC/F approach
- TAC/F Chairing meetings
- TAC/F meetings– guidance
- TAC/F – sample agenda
- Access and Response Team request for help form
- Access and Response Request for Help – guidance for completion
- Access and Response Request for Help – Education Psychology Service Involvement
- Information Sharing form (currently under review)
- Model Questions for Practitioners
- Pre-Assessment Checklist
- Pre-Assessment Checklist – guidance for completion
- SAFeh Form
- SAFeh form – guidance for completion
- EHCP Needs Assessment – guidance for completion
- Family health and needs assessment
- Family health and needs assessment – guidance for completion
- Action Plan and Review
- Action Plan and Review – guidance for completion